International News Detail
3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops forV 2018-193rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19
Posted On: 03 JUN 2019 6:12PM by PIB Delhi
The 3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19 have been released by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare on 03rdJune, 2019. The assessment of production of different crops is based on the feedback received from States and validated with information available from other sources. The estimated production of various crops as per the 3rd Advance Estimates for 2018-19 vis-à-vis the comparative estimates for the years 2005-06 onwards is enclosed.
2. As per 3rd Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2018-19 is as under:
Foodgrains –283.37 million tonnes.
Rice – 115.63 million tonnes. (record)
Wheat – 101.20 million tonnes (record)
Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 43.33 million tonnes.
Maize –27.82 million tonnes.
Pulses –23.22 million tonnes.
Gram – 10.09 million tonnes.
Tur –3.50 million tonnes.
Oilseeds –31.42 million tonnes.
Soyabean – 13.74 million tonnes
Rapeseed and Mustard – 8.78 million tonnes
Groundnut – 6.50 million tonnes
Cotton – 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each)
Sugarcane – 400.37 million tonnes (record)
3. As per Third Advance Estimates for 2018-19, total Foodgrain production in the country is estimated at 283.37 million tonnes which is higher by 17.62 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of foodgrain.
4. Total production of Rice during 2018-19 is estimated at record 115.63 million tonnes. Production of rice has increased by 2.87 million tonnes than the production of 112.76 million tonnes during 2017-18. It is also higher by 7.83 million tonnes than the five years’ average production of 107.80 million tonnes.
5. Production of Wheat, estimated at record 101.20 million tonnes, is higher by 1.33 million tonnes as compared to wheat production of 99.87 million tonnes achieved during 2017-18. Moreover, the production of wheat during 2018-19 is higher by 6.59 million tonnes than the average wheat production of 94.61 million tonnes.
6. Production of Nutri / Coarse Cereals estimated at 43.33 million tonnes is marginally higher by 0.24 million tonnes than the average production.
7. Total Pulses production during 2018-19 is estimated at 23.22 million tonnes which is higher by 2.96 million tones than the Five years’ average production of 20.26 million tonnes.
8. Total Oilseeds production in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at 31.42 million tonnes.The production of oilseeds during 2018-19 is higher by 1.77 million tonnes than the Five years’ average oilseeds production.
9. With an increase by 20.46 million tonnes over 2017-18, total production of Sugarcane in the country during 2018-19 is estimated at record 400.37 million tonnes. Moreover, the production of sugarcane during 2018-19 is higher by 50.59 million tonnes than the average sugarcane production of 349.78 million tonnes. Production of Cotton estimated at 27.59 million bales (of 170 kg each) and Production of Jute & Mesta estimated at 9.79 million bales (of 180 kg each).